Thursday, April 13, 2017

Chapter 8ight: As Seen From Here

As Seen From Here 


Last night - April 12 - was a full moon in Villeneuve Loubet (we are about a 15 min. drive east along the coast from Antibes). In fact, it was what is called, a pink moon. .... I tried to capture it with my camera, but alas, I could not do it. I need some nocturnal lunar photography training ...

Anyway, the "timelines" structure for the blog is waning, and an images concept is waxing. This is to say, I am having so much fun telling stories, that the blog may never catch up to where we really are - geographically, that is. 

No more stories.

So ... where was I?

Okay, tonight we dressed up for dinner, even though we are not going out.

J is preparing gnocchi with gorganzola sauce and I am wearing the Italian shoes I bought at the market in Ventemiglia a few weeks ago. I wonder if Pat Hannah guessed right on which pair I chose to buy of the 20 or so that were on display.







Got tired of all the accommodation, damn

Noisy, nosy neighbours

Bought a caravan 







Great price

Helluva deal

Lost a wheel








Never buy
from
a gypsy.








roof leaked too



we heard there was a cheap room in a castle ...











drove up there in the storm, but ...






















just too spooky.



The photos above were taken mostly at Entrechaux in the Vaucluse.


The riverside terrace below, I shot at Fontaine de Vaucluse.
How do you like the simple but striking colours?















For more travel and other photography visit my website 
at

4 comments:

  1. Shoes, are great! Fred will envy you. Camper??? Not in my life!!!! Keep sending the stories and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabine, many thanks for your encouraging comments. I have so many candidate photos for FAA: all backed up for processing and posting, perhaps in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what happens when drinking wine and blogging...😊
    Great shots and wow those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shoes Gary , but honestly didn't expect red. You are one snazzy fellow!!
    Love you eye for photos!! Sat nearly where you sat at fountaine de vaucluse, wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete